Wednesday, April 11, 2012

26 years ago today, a hero was born.

26 years ago today THE TOXIC AVENGER first opened in theaters. The film was not expected to do well, but it ended up running for almost 2 years straight at the Bleeker St. Cinema in New York. It went on to become one of the biggest selling films of the 1980s, spawn a pop culture icon and mascot for the most successful independent film studio in history, and eventually became a kids television show. Words can't describe the love I have for this movie. It was my favorite when I was a kid, and still is today. Happy birthday Toxie!

Who doesn't want to kick back with a pretty lady on their birthday?
Over the years, your looks have changed. But we still love you!
Let this be a lesson to you, hotass!
Yeah, happy birthday to me. I bet you didn't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment